If you'd like to create a Report Chart that has both a Left and a Right Y Axis, this can be accomplished using data either from a Result Set or a Pivot Table. You select the columns to be charted, assign each to an Axis and determine characteristics of the trend line or bar.
This lesson assumes that you have already created a report and are adding a new Chart.
For information on creating a report, see the article: How to create a Simple (Non-Segmented) Report
1. From the Report Editor, click Add Chart button in the 'Report Sections' area below the "tree"
- Choose the source of data for your chart, either the Report's Result Set or one of your Pivot Tables
- Modify the default values, if desired, to select the type, format of the Chart
- Enter you chosen Chart Layout
- Choose the Column to be used on the X Axis (NOTE: Most commonly, a column containing a date is used as the X Axis Values)
2. In the Chart Editor in the 'Chart content' section:
1. Choose "Selected" to specify the columns to be charted on each of the two Y Axes
2. Use the button to include each column to be charted
3. Use Add New Column button to open pop-up
Select Y Axes Columns one by one and set Characteristics one by one on 'Add Column to Chart' to determine how each of the chosen columns is to be charted:
- Select an unused column to appear on one of the Y axes
- Define the display characteristics of the trend line's or bar construction
- Choose the Left Y Axis on which the selected column's increments/title will be displayed
- For explanation of Confidence Intervals, click here
Save the Column's setting
- Repeat the above steps for another column and assign to the Right Y Axis
4. Check 'Chart Selected Columns' grid for each of your choices
- Check the settings on the Column's row in the grid
- Edit the settings or delete the selected Column using the icons on each row
- Click Add New Column button to choose another column and repeat the process until all required columns have been defined and added to the grid
- When satisfied, make any other desired changes on the Chart Editor and Save and Publish your chart.
5. Review Chart
- Verify that the format is as you intended and make any necessary changes by editing the Selected Column or on theChart Editor
- At the bottom of the Chart Editor:
- If you made any changes, click Save And Preview to see modifications applied to the Chart i
- If not, select "Update Live Report" and SAVE to generate the Report