If the data for your un-dimensioned Report is in a CSV file (delimited by a comma or other character), you can use the Load from File utility to upload the data. This feature is available for both Personal Computers (PC's) with Windows and MAC's. On the MAC, you can always save your Excel file as a CSVfile to use this method for uploading.
1. Create a new report
Save to transfer to the full Report Editor
2. Select CSV Data File for Data Collection Method
- In Data Collection tab, select 'CSV or Excel File' from Data Source drop-down
- Click Save changes and load data
3. Select the date of your data
4. Select the file and load
- Confirm that the Delimiter character is the same as in your CSV file
- Select the CSV file containing your data
5. Review load results
NOTE: If any errors are encountered in the CSV file, you will receive information to allow you to correct the problems
6. Review sample results and enable report
NOTE: If any errors are encountered in the CSV file, you will receive information to allow you to correct the problems.
- Note that the Sample Result Set shows the data uploaded
- Each Column from the CSV file is listed in the Data Columns section
- If you are ready to generate the Report, make it visible and click Enable & Publish Report.
If not, continue to enter settings on the Report Editor.