If the data for your un-dimensioned Manual Metric is in a CSV file (delimited by a comma or other character), you can use the Load from File utility to upload the data. This feature is available for both Personal Computers (PC's) with Windows and MAC's. On the MAC, you can always save your Excel file as a CSV file to use this method for uploading.
Confirm that the CSV file that you plan to use contains only two columns: Measurement Date/Time andMeasurement Value
If your Manual Metric is dimensioned, see Load Dimensioned Metric Data from a CSV File
1. Click the Manual Data Entry link in your Admin drop-down
Click the Admin link to open the Manual Metrics List
2. Open the Manual Metrics Data list to view your metrics
Select the Metric for which you want to load data
3. Select 'Load from File' Option
4. Select the file and load
- Confirm that the Delimiter character is the same as in your csv file
- Choose the format is which the date/time is represented
- Select the csv file containing your data
4.1. If necessary, request a sample csv file
If you want to enter the Manual Metric's value into a csv file and are unsure of the format, click sample csv file link to obtain a file into which you can enter data after saving it.
5. Review Results
NOTE: If any errors are encountered in the csv file, you will receive information to allow you to correct the problems.
- OK to close the results pop-up
- Cancel to close the Load from File pop-up
6. Review uploaded data in the grid
- If you are ready to generate the Manual Metric's chart, make it visible and click Enable & Publish
- If not, click Metric Editor to continue entering settings for this metric