To create a Composite Metric using data that has already been collected for a Report, the Report that you want to use must have been set to make its Result Set available for composite reporting by Metrics and Reports. You can construct the fetch command required to obtain data from one or more Reports or use the Visual Editor to simplify the process.
Determine what Reports you want to use for your Metric's data
To obtain data from a Metric instead of a Report, see Source a Metric from another Metric
1. Review Source Report Settings
- Review the data columns and determine which two that you want to use for your Metric: Remember, a Metric always has Measurement Time and Measurement Value
- Ensure that Make Query Result Set Table Available for Composite Report is set to "Yes"
2. Select Data Source
- Select 'Existing Reports" as your Data Source
- Consult the Hint Text to understand the syntax required to build a SQL statement to extract data extracting from a report.
- Enter the fetch command in the text box or, optionally use the Visual Editor link; if you choose more than one source report, remember that you must join the data sources in the SQL Statement.
2.1. Optionally, use the Visual Editor
You must construct the SQL Statement using Report Namesand Columns. If you use the Visual Editorto assist in the process of choosing one or more Reports and associated columns, the steps below apply. In the right panel, activate the check box to the left of the Report to be the source from which data is collected
- When the pop-up opens with the Data Columns from the selected Report, activate the checkboxes to the left of the columns containing the Measurement Time fand Measurement Value data to be fetched
- The command appears in the lower portion of the pop-up
Click Apply to place the command in the Metric Editor's SQL text box
NOTE: You may also select data from another Report by repeating Steps 1 and 2. If you choose more than one source report, the Visual editor joins the data sources in the SQL Statement.
3. Validate the command
Click Validate Statement
3.1. Collect Data
- Notice the results of the statement validation
- Click Collect Data to fetch data from the Report to populate the Metric
- See the results of the data collection
- When you have finished defining your Metric, click Enable & Publish to generate the Metric's Chart