Establish a Drill-Path from a Metric to another Element
Drill-paths are used in metrics to allow the user to drill to either more detail for a specific data point or to a related chart. Drill-paths are defined in the Metric Editor
Before you begin: Consider whether you want to:
1) Add a drill-path to a report that shows specific details only for the specified data point
2) Setup a drill-path to a related element. This drill-path is not performed specifically for a given data point and instead navigates the user to a related metric or report.
The Setup process for both drill-path options are described below:
1. Add a Data Point Drill-Path
Use this drill-path when you are provided a drill-to report that shows additional details for a specific data point in a metric. For example, you may have a Daily Sales metric where you want to provide a drill-path to show the products sold on a given day
Open the Metric Editor for the Metric from which you want to drill-down
Click on the Edit Icon to Open the Metric Editor
1.1. Click to Add a Report in the <Interval> Detail Section
This title will be set based on the measurement interval of the metric. For instance, it will say 'Week Detail Reports' for weekly metrics and 'Month Detail Report' for monthly metrics. Click to Add Report
1.2. Select the Report for Drill-Down
Reports will only appear in the drop-down if they match the measurement interval of the associated metric AND they keep historical instance.
2. Add Drill-Path to a Related Element
This drill-path is used for any element that you want to make accessible in the 'Drill To' section of the metric editor data point mouse-over display.
3. Add an Element in 'Drill-To Elements' section of Metric Editor
Select Add Element
4. Select Element for Drill Path
- Selectt the Element Type and Element Name
- Optionally, modify the Display Sequence in which the Drill Path is listed in the Data Point Mouse-over Display