Data that has already been uploaded or collected for a Report can be used to create a new Report. TheData Source "Existing Reports" allows you to do this. It is necessary to construct a fetch command that gathers the data from the source Report.
1. Open Data Collection tab of Report's Editor
On the Report Editor:
- Select "Existing Reports - SQL" as Data Source
- Click on Data icon to view reports available
- Open 'Select table' drop-down to select a reports and view associated fields
- In the SQL Statement using Report Names and Columns text box, define the fetch command required to extract data from existing Report's Result Set tables
- OR Use SQL Builder tool to select report(s)
NOTE: Approach constructing the fetch command in the same manner as sourcing a Metric from an Existing Report (see Source a Metric From an Existing Report).
1.1. Choosing a Report to be a source
Reports with both of these settings in Data Collection tab set to 'Yes' will have data available and will be displayed via the Data icon in prior step
- Keep History = "Yes"
- Save as mysql table = "Yes"
2. Impact on Historical Data
When you Validate the report SQL:
- The Sample Result Set display shows the columns collected from the source Report
- Enable & publish to complete the Report