Hive 2 Upgrade Overview
Treasure Data supports Hive 2. If you are still on Hive 0.13, it is recommended that you migrate the queries that you may have on TD to accommodate the new conventions supported by Hive 2.
Hive 2 provides:
- Ongoing open source community focus on the Hive 2.x (and very similar Hive 3.x) code lines.
- Substantial enhancements, including: Bug fixes and stability improvements
- Support for improvements in the underlying Hadoop environment
- Ongoing query optimization performance Improvements
- Resource management and Monitoring
- Introduction of ANSI SQL compliance for direct portability between Hive and Presto SQL dialects in the TD environment
Rewriting existing Hive 0.13 workloads to run in Hive 2 will be required to take advantage of most of the enhancements. TD Hive 0.13 will continue to be supported for the time being, but will be phased out.