Arm Treasure Data limits how you name entities, and the number of characters you can use in entities.
Also refer to Upper Limits (MAX) for size and volume limits on Treasure Data entities.
Name rules exist for:
- User passwords
Tables and Databases
Name rules for tables and databases are as follows:
- only lower case letters, numbers, and the _ (underscore)
- 3 and 255 characters long
Name rules for columns are as follows:
- only lower case letters, numbers, the _ (underscore)
- cannot begin with a number, for example:
0422colis not an acceptable column name
The TD account owner or administrator specify password criteria.
The general, default rules for user passwords are as follows:
- 8-128 characters long
- consists of Basic Latin (ASCII) characters