You can configure the account-wide default query engine for Treasure Data. This setting specifies the query engine to be selected by default for all new queries in the TD Console. Your choices are:
- Presto for ad-hoc and shorter batch workloads. Presto provides low-latency SQL access to the data set.
- Hive for large or complex batch workloads. Hive is a MapReduce-based SQL engine. This engine is really powerful when you do large data processing and heavy JOINs. Often used for ETL or sessionization.
To specify your query engine
- Navigate to the TD Console Administration Page.
- Select the Profile icon.
- Select Admin.
- Select Account or Account Configuration.
- Under Default Query Engine, make one of the following choices:
- Save your choice.