The Preview feature shows a subset of possible data that the data connector fetches from the source. The Preview feature is part of the integration configuration interface.
Preview applies to source integrations only. For certain source integrations, Arm Treasure Data must first guess the data schema because the data is not predefined (for example, in Amazon S3 and SFTP data connectors).
Preview Data is Not Source Data
Preview data is different from the actual ingestion and therefore doesn’t represent the final data ingested. Previewing data is just a way to see what the data will look like. In order to get the data back in reasonable time, the preview data might not follow the exact parameters that you specified.
Why you can’t preview data sometimes
You might encounter situations in which there are no records to preview:
- There is no data to preview for the data criteria specified
- The API takes too long and times out and Treasure Data can’t fetch the preview data
Skipping Preview When Defining Data Connectors
When creating integrations, you can skip the preview of the data if Treasure Data is unable to fetch the data for the preview or if an error occurs when guessing the data schema. The following steps describes the activity flow:
- Add your Integration.
- Add a New Source.
- Define the data fetching criteria for the new source and select Next.
- Treasure Data attempts to retrieve the data.
- If Treasure Data is unable to fetch the data for the preview or an error happens when guessing the data schema, an error message is displayed and you can continue creating the data transfer.
- If there is a schema error, you must fix the schema before continuing to create a data transfer.