User Permissions are managed within TD Console > Administration. Only account owners and administrators can see this view.
|Permissions for:||You can specify in a Standard account||You can specify if you have the Policies feature|
|Databases||Yes||Yes. Set at the user level. Not part of a policy|
|Workflows||Yes||Yes. Set as part of a policy.|
|Master Segments in Data Workbench||Option is not viewable. Included as part of Audience Studio.||Yes - you can set more restrictions|
|Audience Studio||Yes. Full Access or None||Yes - you can set more restrictions|
The User page displays the users associated with an account.
Permissions without Policies
You click Users > Permissions to specify or modify the permissions of account users.
Permissions in the Policies Feature
For TD accounts with the Policies feature, you click Users > Policies > Show All Permissions to view permissions that are associated with account users. You cannot assign permissions to users in this view.
To assign users to permissions, you click Policies. You create policies that specify permissions. You then assign users to policies. Policies are collections of permissions.
You can specify users access level to databases in the account.
- Import Only - can run import jobs against any database in the account
- Query Only - can view and run queries against any database in the account
- Full Access - can perform any operation on databases in the account
The access levels for database mimic ‘read & write’, ‘read’, and ‘write’ permissions.
On the My Settings > Database page, all users can specify permissions for databases that they have created. Only account owners and administrators can specify permissions for any database in the account.
Workflows and Audience Studio
Only account owners and administrators can view and specify permissions for Audience Suite and Workflows.
In the Permissions without Policies version, click a User view, and then click the Permissions tab. If you have the Policies feature, click Policies and go to the Permissions tab.
Users must be assigned specific permissions in the following areas:
You can specify users access to workflows and master segments. Workflow permissions are standard. Master segment permission are only for accounts that include Audience Studio.
Workflows: ability to view, edit workflows and run workflows.
- View - view the list of all workflows
- Run - run all user-defined workflows. Select View to also view list of all workflows.
- Edit - create and edit all user-defined workflows. Select View to also view list of all workflows. Select Run to run any user-defined workflow.
If no permission is selected, then users in the policy do not have any workflow permissions.
Tip: If you plan to create Master Segment, select View in Workflow so that you can view the workflow process of creating a Master Segment.
|Permissions specified control workflow activities in TD console and the TD toolbelt command-line interface.|
Master Segments: For accounts that include the Policy feature and Audience Studio.
- View - users can only see Master Segments in the navigation pane. Users cannot edit.
- Full control - Run, create and edit all Master Segments.
If no permission is selected, then users in the policy do not have any permissions for all master segments.
|When you grant Full Control, you are also granting access to View, even if the View option is not selected or is deselected. With Full Control, you are enabling a user to view as well as create, edit, and run all Master Segments.|
Tip: If you plan to create Master Segments, select View in Workflow so that you can view the workflow process of creating a Master Segment.
If your account includes Audience Studio, you can specify users access to Segment Folders, Profiles, Predictive Scoring and Profiles API Tokens.
- None - users do not see Audience Studio in the navigation; users cannot view any Audience Studio features
- Limited Access - account owners and administrators can select a master segment. From this view, the account owners and administrators can drill down to lower panes that enable selection of specific Segment folders.
- Full access - users can view all features of Audience Studio, including, profiles, segment folders, predictive scoring, and API tokens
When you specify Audience Studio: Limited Access and specify a specific master segment in which to configure permissions, You can specify:
For all folders
- View - users can view all segment folders and their contents within the specified master segment
- Full control - users can view, create, delete, and modify any segment folders and their content within the specified master segment; users can see profiles, predictive scoring, and API tokens, within the specified master segment
For specific folders
- View - users can view specific segment folders, within the specified master segment
- Full control - users can view and edit specific segments folders, within the specified master segment; they cannot see profiles, predictive scoring, and API tokens associated with the segments
Frequently Asked Questions
Why doesn't my view show Master Segments? Why doesn't my view have Policies as an option?
Master Segments and Audience Studio are visible only if the features are included as part of your account.
As an administrator, how do I change my email address?
Administrators view and edit their own profiles in the Users view. Go to "My Profile" -> Personal Info and change your email address.
As an Owner, how do I change the account name or account email?
If you use Google SSO to access TD Console you must contact Support to change the account owner name or to change the account email listed in the Account Information page. Otherwise, to edit your account owner name or email, go to "My Profile" -> Personal Info.