You can create two types of segments from your master segment:
- Batch Segments
- Real-time Segments
Batch segmentation occurs against master segments built from data across a variety of different sources, and unified using Treasure Workflow and the master segment creation features. As such, these master segments can be more deeply enriched and customized to handle your marketing team’s most complex use cases.
Batch Segments can then be used for exporting to (activating) marketing tools and advertising networks, such as email campaign platforms and social networks. In addition, you can use Batch Segments to enable real-time personalization for people visiting your website, using the Profiles API.
The advantage of Real-time Segmentation is that it can be used to create segments from even the most recent actions taken by someone on your website, including visitors coming to your website for the first time.
Real-Time Segmentation can be used to enable real-time personalization for people who are visiting your website, using the Profiles API.
To Create a New Segment
- The master segment must already be built in Master Segments.
- Select Profiles > Segments.
- Select New Batch Segments or New Real-time Segments.
- Add a rule or rules for your segment.
- Save your segment.
Add Rules for Attributes, Behaviors, Existing Segments, Predictive Scoring
- Use the all or any drop down to indicate whether a segment matches all or any of the specified attributes, behaviors, or existing segments.
- Select the Add Rule link.
- Select one of the following values:
Adding a rule for attributes:
- Select an attribute. For example, email.
- Select the best attribute filter for your segment. Refer to Segment Attribute Filter Reference.
Adding a rule for behaviors
Add a rule for an existing segment
This option allows you to include or exclude profiles from a particular segment that is part of the same master segment.
Add a rule for predictive scoring
|If Attributes or Behaviors is greyed out, it is because the master segment was created without either an Attribute or Behavior table specified.|
Activate Your Segments
After you create your segments, you can activate segments to target systems or use them with the Profiles API. Refer to the following topics: