Profiles API enables you to dynamically change your content based on detailed customer information. This REST API returns customer data in real-time and updates your segment information. By default they are created using a V2 token.
You can use Profiles API to personalize your customers experience on your website. You can combine Treasure Data’s personalization feature with A/B Testing tools such as Adobe Target, Optimizely, Google Optimize, to determine the version of your website that yields results.
When the underlying personalization workflow completes, the personalization data set is refreshed. You can see a current list of the segments to which a specific profile belongs. And, with API token V2, you can also see a list of attributes associated with the specific profile.
The master segment must already exist in Master Segments. The master segment is the basis for all data accessed by Profiles API Tokens.
To create profiles using the API token
- Navigate to Audience Studio > Profiles API Tokens.
- Optionally, unselect Use Profiles Token V2. You have the option of using V2 of the Profiles API token. You must complete migration steps to apply the V2 token to segments at are specified in existing personalization token configurations.
Complete the fields to configure the API token, including specifying a key column and the segments of customers to which you want to apply personalization.
- Save your token.
audienceToken: List of Profiles API Tokens
keys: List of key columns
segments: List of segment IDs
- Copy tokens that you created and add them to your JS SDK script as follows:
Example Profile Output
Here’s the example output with Google Chrome Developer Tools.
Optionally Integrate with other Tools
To control the content that shows for specific customer segments, you can integrate Profiles API with other tools such as:
- Adobe Target
- Profile Script Attributes are often used to call Personalization API
- Marketo Web Personalization
- Google Optimize
- Google DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP)
- Facebook Custom Audience