Redash is an open source data collaboration and visualization platform. User can visualize own data from Arm Treasure Data with Redash. This article introduces how to build own dashboard by Redash and Treasure Data.
Set up Redash
- Redash v0.10.1 by using AMI Image
- Treasure Data account
Choose AMI Image from docs
redash-0101b1834.1-us-east-1 - ami-52c3373f (ami-52c3373f)or later
Open http://(Address)/login as admin/admin
Set up Treasure Data Plugin
Add Treasure Data Plugin
To add Treasure Data plugin as data source, Fill the following parameters.
- Name: Any
- Type: TreasureData
- APIKEY: Any (Required)
- Database Name: Any (Required)
- Endpoint: https://api.treasuredata.com/ (Default: https://api.treasuredata.com/)
- Auto Schema Retrieval: Off (default) — If you turn on this feature, Treasure Data’s table schema is appeared in Query Editor. But, if you have a lot of schema in Treasure Data, this feature might affect the performance.
- Type: hive (Default) / presto (Paid Plan)
Try New Query
After adding Treasure Data plugin, you can select it as Data Source on New Query page. And, you can see the table schema in the right. After issuing new query, you can see the results on bottom. Optionally, you can select
Refresh Interval to collect data automatically.
Also, you can see the job issued from Redash on Treasure Data Console.
2.3. Visualize collected data
Let’s set the following query, you can get Page View.
SELECT TD_TIME_FORMAT(time, 'yyyy-MM-dd HH:00:00') as hour, count(1) as pv FROM www_access GROUP BY 1
To visualize the above data, click
+ New Visualization button, and then you can edit graph.
To save your graph, change the title on top.
Build own Dashboard
After visualized collected data, you can build own dashboard.
Move to dashboard page, and you can add your graph by
Then, you can see Page View on your dashboard.
You can collect data to Treasure Data easily and visualize data on Treasure Data by Redash!