Redash is an open source data collaboration and visualization platform. User can visualize own data from TreasureData with Redash. This article introduces how to build own dashboard by Redash and TreasureData.
Set up Redash
- Redash v0.10.1 by using AMI Image
- TreasureData account
Choose AMI Image from docs
redash-0101b1834.1-us-east-1 - ami-52c3373f (ami-52c3373f)or later
Open http://(Address)/login as admin/admin
Set up TreasureData Plugin
Add TreasureData Plugin
To add TreasureData plugin as datasource, Fill the following parameters.
- Name: Any
- Type: TreasureData
- APIKEY: Any (Required)
- Database Name: Any (Required)
- Endpoint: https://api.treasuredata.com/ (Default: https://api.treasuredata.com/)
- Auto Schema Retrieval: Off (default) — If you turn on this feature, TreasureData’s table schema is appeared in Query Editor. But, if you have a lot of schema in TreasureData, this feature might affect the performance.
- Type: hive (Default) / presto (Paid Plan)
Try New Query
After added TreasureData plugin, you can select it as DataSource on New Query page. And, you can see the table schema in the right. After issuing new query, you can see the results on bottom. Optionally, you can select
Refresh Interval to collect data automatically.
Also, you can see the job issued from Redash on TreasureData Console.
2.3. Visualize collected data
Let’s set the following query, you can get Page View.
SELECT TD_TIME_FORMAT(time, 'yyyy-MM-dd HH:00:00') as hour, count(1) as pv FROM www_access GROUP BY 1
To visualize the above data, click
+ New Visualization button, and then you can edit graph.
To save your graph, change the title on top.
Build own Dashboard
After visualized collected data, you can build own dashboard.
Move to dashboard page, and you can add your graph by
Then, you can see Page View on your dashboard.
You can collect data to TreasureData easily and vvisualizedata on TreasureData by Redash!