This article describes how to ingest data from Adjust to Arm Treasure Data. Adjust is a business intelligence platform for mobile app marketers, combining attribution for advertising sources with advanced analytics and store statistics.
Adjust tracks basic in-app events like
install by its own SDK, and also you can track your custom events. Everytime these events occur in Mobile, it will be notified to Adjust, and then Treasure Data. This integration is configured by simply setting up callbacks. Treasure Data stores all historical raw events, and allows you to analyze via SQL.
Please check the document below to ingest data from Adjust to Treasure Data.
Login to your Adjust account. In the Adjust admin console, click the app menu and click settings of the app to which you would like to enable postback integration with Treasure Data(‘test-app’ is the app name in this tutorial).
Select ‘Platform Settings’ in App Settings.
In Platform Settings, input your ‘App ID’ which depends on the platform you selected. See Which app ID should I use? for the details. In this tutorial, we selected iOS and the app id will be numeric numbers.
Treasure Data settings
As in the previous section, you can see ‘Partner Setup’ in App Settings. Go to ‘Partner Setup’, click ‘Add Partners’ and type ‘Treasure Data’ in the search box. Click the add (+) button to add Treasure Data.
Go the following page to configure the settings.
- API Key: Treasure Data’s write key. You can get the write key from your Treasure Data console(see Get the API Key).
- DB ID: Database name in Treasure Data where you would like to send data.
- Table ID: Table name in Treasure Data where you would like to send data.
- Event Linking(Option): string data to be inserted in Treasure Data when corresponding custom events are triggered in the app. Custom events can be defined in Events page (App->Settings->Event).
For the following example, four custom events (event1,event2,event3,event4) were defined in advance. Click/Install/Reattribution/Session events were all pre-defined.
All settings are done.
Check postback with the sample app.
Check to see if data is coming from the app into Treasure Data.
In the following example, we used the sample application provided by adjust(see here). Here is how we set event triggers.
- Check ‘App token’
- Check ‘Event token’.
- Set ‘App token’ and ‘Event token’ in Constants.m file.
- Launch the app and click some links.
- Check that Adjust is collecting data in the statistics page. In this example, check sandbox mode to see the data.
- Check if data is coming from Adjust to Treasure Data. In Treasure Data, create a query to track the events coming in. It might take a few minutes for events to be logged.